One number to end all civic problems | | | Indian Express
One number to end all civic problems
NR Madhusudhan First Published : 22 Mar 2010 06:31:00 AM ISTLast Updated : 22 Mar 2010 08:56:48 AM IST
BANGALORE: The city corporation, water supply board and electricity board are considering forming a common helpline to attend to grievances of citizens.
In a recently held meeting, Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) commissioner Bharat Lal Meena, Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board chairman PB Ramamurthy and Bangalore Electricity Supply Company (Bescom) director Tushar Girinath declared their intention in this regard. They are discussing the possibility of extending the BBMP call centre and making its present helpline number (22660000) attend to complaints regarding BWSSB and Bescom as well.
“We are still in the initial stages of planning. We are exploring various means to minimise hassles for citizens and ensure speedy redressal of their problems,” an official source said.
Bangaloreans could use the common helpline to register complaints on roads, health, illegal constructions, tax, water supply, sewage, drains and electricity. The employees at the call centre will divert the complaint to the concerned official, who will have to attend to it within a stipulated time. The official will also have to inform their superiors or the helpline about the remedial action taken through email every evening.
BBMP has already provided wireless instruments to its employees to enable them to know the complaints and to address them at the earliest.
* The heads of BBMP, BWSSB and Bescom plan a common helpline.
* The BBMP call centre planned to be made the common helpline.
* The helpline (22660000) will apply for BWSSB and Bescom as well.
* The plan is aimed at speedy redressal of grievances of citizens.
* Queries on roads, health, tax, water, etc. will be addressed.
* The call centre employee will divert complaint for the concerned official.